Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Room

 photo december3_zps7e39c8de.jpg

  Christmas is my very favorite holiday and we're getting so excited.  Just 4 more sleeps!  We started decorating the house the day after Thanksgiving.  Without question, the favorite thing the girls take out of our Christmas boxes are their Santa Sheets.  I've taken this photo almost every year and here is my lily jumping on her Christmas bed.  Last Christmas she was in a crib so this was the first year for her to have Santa Sheets.  Elle moved into Lily's room so we had to get another set.
They get to pick out their own Christmas trees for their bedrooms every year.  At night with the lights on them, it looks so magical.  I close their doors at night so each morning when I come in to wake them, the smell of pine is incredible.  There's nothing like real pine trees.  I'm hoping these sights, smells and sounds of Christmas are being soaked up into their little minds. You only get one childhood.